It’s been a little over a month since infamous YouTube celebrity Logan Paul walked into Japan’s Aokigahara Forest and filmed the body of a recently deceased person who was the victim of suicide. A move that set the internet up in flames and set in motion a petition, now signed by 500,000 people, asking YouTube to take down Paul’s account. In response to the outrage, YouTube cut the influencer from all of its originals projects that were currently in development, put an age requirement on his channel, and removed him from its Google’s premium advertising program. But today, YouTube is going the extra mile. The Google-owned platform has officially suspended ads from running on the YouTubers content, essentially demonetizing the account.
In response to Logan Paul’s recent pattern of behavior, we’ve temporarily suspended ads on his channels.
— YouTube Creators (@YTCreators) February 9, 2018
The decision came shortly after Paul posted a video of himself tasering two dead rats and removing a fish from his pond before attempting to resuscitate it using CPR. The video was met with backlash from animal rights activists, including PETA, which said Paul’s behavior was “inexcusable.”
“After careful consideration, we have decided to temporarily suspend ads on Logan Paul’s YouTube channels,” YouTube said in a statement. “This is not a decision we made lightly; however, we believe he has exhibited a pattern of behavior in his videos that makes his channel not only unsuitable for advertisers, but also potentially damaging to the broader creator community.”
This move by YouTube is a temporary one, according to the company. But for now, Paul, who last year spent $6.6 million on a house, will still be receiving income from his line of merchandise that he has been pushing in his videos. However, it is unclear how much the influencer makes from these sales.