By Sahil Patel
Creative District, an online professional network for filmmakers, offers $5,000 as part of a monthly grant program to help users complete existing projects. This month, the network is making that grant available to an “outstanding web series” from a YouTube or Vimeo creator.
The grant is available to any web series — regardless of which stage of production it’s in — as long as the project has been uploaded to Creative District and kept up to date.
Backed by Technicolor, Creative District currently supports more than 12,000 creators on its platform. Since launching in March, the network has awarded six grants to a variety of projects.
From Creative District, here are the rules for eligibility and applying for the August grant:
- To be considered eligible the web series project must be on Creative District and kept up to date.
- Participants must tweet a link to your CD project using hashtag #CDWebSeries or share it on Facebook tagging Creative District between now and 11:59pm August 31, 2014.
- One $5,000 grant winner will be announced September 2, 2014.
- View full terms of the CD Grant Program here.
Web Series Guidelines
- Web series project can be at any stage of completion. Whether you’re in pre-production or working on season 2, we want to see your project’s progress on CD.
- Make great use of CD. Add collaborators, post open positions, and a variety of content.
- Have an updated personal profile on Creative District
- Be creative in showcasing your work on CD. (Exclusive behind the scenes content, etc.)
- Take a look at our Featured Projects, and meet our previous grant winners to see how others are using CD to showcase their work, find collaborators, and promote their projects.