Twitter has announced over 35 new partnerships in the Asia Pacific region for premium video content. The partnerships are expected to bring in hundreds of hours of new exclusive videos and live original programming.
“Live is at the core of Twitter. In Q2, we streamed over 1,200 hours of live premium content globally from leading brands across sports, esports, news, and entertainment…Asia Pacific is the growth engine of Twitter,” Twitter Global VP of Revenue and Operations Matthew Derella said.
Some of the newly announced partners include: International Cricket Council (ICC), Filmfare Awards, NDTV, Network18, Breakfast with Champions/Gaurav Kapur, Cricbuzz, Premier Futsal India, Anupama Chopra and Film Companion, Red Chillies Entertainment, Yash Raj Films, and Rolling Stone India.
New Programming (Pulled From Release) Includes:
- International Cricket Council (ICC): Cricket is the most popular sport in multiple Asia Pacific countries, and Twitter lights up around international matches every year. Fans will be able to experience replays and highlight videos on Twitter from the International Cricket Council (@ICC)’s events in 2018.
- Channel 7 Sports: Tennis fans in Australia will get a closer look at the first tennis grand slam of the year via @7tennis on Twitter as they bring highlights and videos from the Australian Open throughout the two weeks of the event.
- Fox Sports Asia: Fox Sports Asia (@FOXSportsAsia) is one of the region’s largest sports broadcasters and have been leaders in the production of snackable video content for fans on Twitter. From the US Open tennis to Asian football, motorsport to golf, Fox Sports Asia will be bringing fans their most premium real-time highlights videos on Twitter in 2017 and 2018.
- Riot Games: Riot Games (@RiotGames) is Twitter Australia’s partner on League of Legends, the world’s highest participation eSports title. The partnership has seen two full Live stream experiences for League of Origin and Oceanic Premier League Grand Final, as well as ten live broadcasts via Periscope Producer. The partnership will see more eSports action coming for fans in the Asia Pacific region.
- KBS Music Bank Weekly Shows: KPop is absolutely massive on Twitter, and Twitter is teaming up with one of South Korea’s biggest broadcasters, KBS World TV (@KBSWorldTV), to reward KPop fans on the platform. KBS World TV and Twitter will livestream an original KPop content ‘Music Bank’ series every week from Oct, 2017. KPop fans on Twitter can enjoy live streamed performances of popular KPOP bands like BTS, EXO, TWICE, GOT7 and newly emerging groups.
- Filmfare Awards: India’s most established and most popular Bollywood Awards will continue to strengthen the partnership with Twitter in 2018 with nomination announcements, Red Carpet clips, behind the scenes action and exclusive interaction with winners. This year, as a first for any Indian awards, Bollywood fans across the globe will get to watch a premium live stream on Twitter from a special show around the Filmfare Awards (@Filmfare).
- ARIA Awards: The ARIA Awards (@ARIA_Official) are one of the premiere entertainment events in Asia Pacific, honouring Australia’s top artists and biggest global stars. In 2016, we saw #ARIAs trend globally on Twitter, as users had their say by voting for an award exclusively on the platform. This year, ARIA and Twitter raise the bar with the partnership again, broadcasting the ARIA Awards Red Carpet coverage exclusively live on Twitter around the world. No matter where you are, Twitter will bring you a front row seat to the ARIAs action.
- Bloomberg Asia Pacific: Bloomberg (@BloombergAsia) will be bringing its unrivaled Asia Pacific programming from daily market updates, the latest technology news, to bi-lingual business insights from Japan, to Twitter. This new in-stream video collaboration will reinvent the digital breaking news experience and offer new opportunities for brands to align with Bloomberg’s premium content.
- Buzzfeed Japan: BuzzFeed Japan (@BuzzFeedJapan) is cooking up a storm in one of the tastiest nations on earth. @TastyJapan will be serving up new and original cooking video series exclusively on Twitter, offering the best recipes, tips and secret ingredients in snackable video Tweets. The in-stream video collaboration is an extension of our partnership with Buzzfeed globally.
- Network 18: Network 18 is India’s leading media conglomerate across financial, general and digital news, with channels including CNN-News18 (CNN’s India affiliate), CNBC-TV18 (CNBC’s India affiliate) and firstpost.com. Building on their successful partnership for Budget Day 2017, Network18 and Twitter are working to expand their partnership for Budget 2018.