Weave hair is an easy and cost-effective way to add length, volume, and color to your hair without damaging your natural strands. Getting the most out of weave hair requires knowledge, preparation, and maintenance. This article will help you get the most out of your UNice hair weave by providing purchasing, installation, and care tips.
Preparation is Key
Before you install your weave hair, you need to prepare your natural hair properly. Wash and condition your locks using a gentle shampoo and conditioner. After washing and conditioning, apply a leave-in moisturizer to ensure the strands stay hydrated. When styling or flat ironing for the installation, use a heat protectant spray for added protection from any potential heat damage.
Choose The Correct Type of Weave Hair
You choose the correct type of weave hair to match your desired look. Synthetic weaves offer sleek hold with minimal maintenance, while human hair weaves provide a natural-looking finish and can be colored and styled just like your own hair. If you’re looking for a more natural look, choose Remy or Virgin hair.
Install The Weave Hair Properly
When it comes to installing your weave hair, make sure you’re following the instructions from your stylist carefully. This ensures that your hair is secured correctly and will last long without falling loose. Ask your stylist about different installation methods and techniques, such as sew-ins and quick weaves.
Maintain your Weaved Hair Properly
Proper maintenance is key to getting the most out of your weave hair. Be sure to keep it clean using a mild shampoo and conditioner specially formulated for synthetic or human hair extensions. Treat your weave hair with a deep conditioning treatment once a month to keep it looking vibrant and healthy.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing A Weave Hair
When selecting and caring for weave hair, there are a few factors to consider:
- Find out what texture your natural hair is to choose the right type of weave hair that matches it.
- Consider how long you want to wear the weave and select a high-quality product that will last.
- Ensure you’re following your stylist’s instructions for installation and maintenance for optimal results.
Weave Hair Hacks by Experts
Stylists have a few tricks and hacks for getting the most out of your weave hair.
- To prevent tangles, use a wide-tooth comb when wet and conditioner to help manage any knots during styling.
- For extra staying power, apply mousse to our weft before installing it so it can hold onto your natural hair.
- To make your weave hair last longer, apply a small amount of oil before styling and avoid using too much Heat.
- Finally, if you’re looking to boost your weave hair, use a volumizing spray at the roots and massage it through.
Things to Avoid Trying with Weave Hair
When it comes to weaving hair, you should avoid a few things.
- Don’t try to apply any heavy oils or waxes directly onto the weft, as this can cause damage.
- Avoid using too much heat when curling or straightening your weave hair and blow drying for long periods without a heat protectant spray.
- Don’t braid or tie your weave hair too tightly, and avoid sleeping with a ponytail or any other tight hairstyle.
- Finally, don’t brush your weave hair when it is dry, as this can cause the strands to become tangled and lead to breakage.
Adding Hair Extensions to Your Weave
If you want to add more length or volume to your weave, you can do so by adding hair extensions. You need to be extra cautious when installing hair extensions as they are often heavier than regular weave hair. To ensure the best look and feel, use high-quality Remy or Virgin hair extensions that match your natural texture.
Moreover, it’s wise to use a deep conditioning treatment on the extensions to keep them soft and manageable. You can enjoy long-lasting results with your weave hair and hair extensions with proper care.
Other Ways to Add Hair Extensions
Fusion Hair Extensions
Fusion hair extensions are a popular option because they look and feel natural. The process involves hot or cold fusion, which attaches keratin bonds to tiny sections of your natural hair.
Tape-in Hair Extensions
Tape-in hair extensions are an easy and non-damaging way to add length, volume, and color to your hair. The process involves attaching wefts of hair to sections of your natural hair with special adhesive tape.
Clip-in Hair Extensions
Clip-in extensions are a great, temporary way to add more length and volume to your existing weave hair. They attach easily with clips and can be taken out just as fast when you’re ready for a new look.
Micro-Link Hair Extensions
Micro-link hair extensions provide a natural look and feel, with the option to reuse them multiple times. The process involves attaching tiny beads made of silicone to sections of your hair using a unique tool.
Seamless Hair Extensions
Seamless hair extensions are incredibly lightweight and comfortable, making them an excellent option for a natural-looking style. The process involves attaching the wefts of hair to your own using an innovative adhesive that melts into the scalp. Ultimately, there are many ways to add length and volume to your existing weave hair with extensions.
Maintaining and Caring for Your Weave Hair
Once you’ve installed your weave hair, it’s essential to take proper care of it to ensure the best results. Follow the tips below to keep your weave looking and feeling its best.
- Washing and Conditioning: To keep your weave hair looking and feeling healthy, it’s essential to wash and condition it regularly.
- Be Gentle with Detangling: When detangling your weave hair, always use a wide-toothed comb and start from the bottom to work your way up.
- Air Drying: Instead of blow drying your weave hair, allow it to air dry whenever possible.
- Using Heat Carefully: If you must use Heat on your weave hair, apply a heat protectant spray beforehand.
- Weave Removal: When it’s time to remove your weave hair, ensure that you do so carefully to avoid any damage.
Get Professional with Weaves
When it comes to weaving hair, various options are available to achieve the best look and feel. It’s essential to consult with a professional stylist for advice so you can get the most out of your weave hair.
Moreover, a professional stylist can guide you on which type of weave is best for you and how to properly install and care for it. You can enjoy long-lasting results with the right advice with your weave hair.