It is a fact that one can learn so much, so do not hurry; take time with your soul during a busy season. Begin to learn earlier, and you will save a lot of time for yourself in the year. Finals season is around the corner for everyone, similar to Christmas, Hanukkah, Thanksgiving, and other essential celebrations or holidays towards the end of the year. While you are preparing for the celebrations, keep in mind that you can learn a lot. By starting the process of learning early enough, you will have a lot of time in the remainder of the year. This article presents some fun, engaging, and beneficial ways that you can use to prepare for this year’s finals.
Begin with your health
Put your health first in all your preparations for the finals later this year. Besides, not even ways of study or form study should precede your health. It is because health should be the first of all the craziest activities for your finals. Health encompasses the following emotional, spiritual, physical, and mental health. Monitoring the amount you indulge in, drinking water, and doing some exercise during the holidays can help you feel much better. It is the initial step in preparation for the finals. Do not deny your body the required minimum number of hours of sleep every night. Note that if you will not know it by midnight, then consider quitting. Also a little help is always great options, so websites such as ProEssayWriting.co.uk is something which you should consider,
Consider using colored materials
Are you in the habit of coloring your notebooks or notes? We are always envious of those who color their notes since it looks appealing and clear to read and even understand. To add some colors to your study, try the following techniques:
- Write on flashcards using different colors of pens and markers
- Make use of multi-colored flashcards
- Make use of highlighters to highlight definitions and key terms using different colors
- Prepare a study sheet for every class using different colors to use pencils, highlighters, pens, etc.
- Make use of different colored folders to store your class notes safely
- Make use of different colored post-it class notes for your study timetable
- If you are using a whiteboard to assist you in your studies, then using different colored markers is helpful
Take time to study with friends, alone or both.
Sometimes calls for a collaborative study with others like classmates. An example is when you are preparing for finals for calculus or algebra, and you have no idea how to complete the mathematical sum in front of you. At times study alone in a quiet place is essential to understanding the task without any form of distraction can do the trick.
For instance, when you are trying to master Spanish vocabulary, it is best to be alone. The following ideas will help you to study either with others or alone.
- You can video chat for the review session.
- You can collaborate with your classmates who study the same subject as you or with other friends studying different subjects.
- You can consider changing your sitting position within your room, like from the kitchen table to your desk, to change gears when you want to change the study subject.
- Set timers for rewards and breaks when you read for long periods. Breaks and rewards help to refresh and reinvigorate your mind after a long period.
- Make use of roommates or family members to quiz you off study aid or of the vocabulary sheet.
- Make use of board games as a form of a review session.
- Try to play a memory game using flashcards. Set the cards in columns and rows and flip simultaneously until you match a question and the corresponding answer or a term and corresponding definition.
- Quiz session. If you run out of physical flashcards, online flashcards are useful, especially if you prefer digital learning or if you need pictures to accompany what you are studying.
Other smart methods of study
The different sections presented great ideas, but there are more ideas to present in this last session.
- Create a learning guide for the developed material, as though you are creating it for a friend or somebody else in your class.
- Look for a past online test, review guide, or if you do not get one, then consider asking your teacher.
- By using a calendar, decompose whatever you need to study into smaller and smaller chunks, and then study each chunk on a daily basis and even before the finals. Within your studies, remember to take adequate breaks.
- Consider studying as a group with your other siblings of the same age who are in school. While you are studying, consider quizzing each other or inspire each other when in the same room.
- Reward systems are a useful game but also very tricky. Effective use of a reward system can result in about an 80% success rate. Make use of simple reward systems like offering yourself a cup of coffee or tea. You can also consider studying for 2 hours, napping for 30 minutes, or taking a walk. You can take this break time to check social media updates and possibly Snapchat your friends.
- Khan Academy or YouTube are excellent sources of videos. After watching, a video develops a habit of writing down the takeaway points.
- Consider using alternative music in place of your local language to study. Classical music is easy to tune in as you work, but if it makes you sleepy, you can try some other alternatives.
- For every chapter read, make notes sheet. It is true if you are studying a foreign language like Spanish.
- If your preparation is for a written final examination, consider taking anything you understand and collect them in one place.
- Take a blank and plain document and write everything you are studying there.